- Fluoride Meeting to be held in Lithgow on 11th April 2015
- Harvard Study Confirms Fluoride Reduces Children's IQ
- Association of lifetime exposure to fluoride and cognitive functions in Chinese children: A pilot study
- Dr. Dean Burk - Fluoride causes cancer
- Health Effects of Fluoride
- Professionals Statement to End Water Fluoridation
- The Project: 'Fluoride in the Water' [Broadcast 15 Aug 2012]
- FLUORIDE TRUTH hits the TV in AUSTRALIA
- Volcano ash sparks health fears
- Horses Killed by Fluoride in Water
A recently-published Harvard University meta-analysis funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) has concluded that children who live in areas with highly fluoridated water have "significantly lower" IQ scores than those who live in low fluoride areas.
In a 32-page report that can be downloaded free of charge from Environmental Health Perspectives.
Posted: 01/28/2013 11:30 am EST Updated: 03/30/2013 5:12 am EDT
- Elevated fluoride concentrations in drinking water may be neurotoxic.
- We carried out a pilot study of 51 first-grade children with stable lifetime fluoride exposures.
- Moderate and severe fluorosis was associated with deficits in digit span total and backward scores.
- The dose-dependence underlying the association needs to be characterized in detail.
Current fluoride intake among western populations with mass fluoridation programs has reached historically unprecedented levels. While the health impact of these exposures remains poorly understood, research shows that comparable doses cause serious health conditions in areas of the world with widespread fluoride poisoning. Certain individuals, including infants, diabetics, kidney patients, and those with nutrient deficiencies, are at particular risk.
FLUORIDE & HEALTH
"If I was an arthritic individual, I would be eliminating every possible source of fluoride exposure that I could think of." (Phyllis Mullenix, PhD, Toxicologist)
"Studies are needed to evaluate gastric responses to fluoride from natural sources at concentrations up to 4 mg/L and from artificial sources." - (National Research Council, 2006)
"One cannot help but be alarmed by the negative effects of fluoride on bone strength consistently demonstrated in animal models." - Dr. Charles Turner, Indiana University.
"In hypersensitive individuals, fluorides occasionally cause skin eruptions such as atopic dermatitis, eczema or urticaria. Gastric distress, headache and weakness have also been reported. These hypersensitivity reactions usually disappear promptly after discontinuation of the fluoride." - PHYSICIAN'S DESK REFERENCE
"It is apparent that fluorides have the ability to interfere with the functions of the brain." (National Research Council, 2006)
"A fairly substantial body of research indicates that patients with chronic renal insufficiency are at an increased risk of chronic fluoride toxicity. These patients may develop skeletal fluorosis even at 1 ppm fluoride in the drinking water." (Dr. Helmut Schiffl, 2008)
Information above is provided by FluorideAlert.org
FAN's Professionals Statement to End Water Fluoridation has been signed by over 4,000 medical, dental, scientific, and environmental professionals.
UPDATE: 4,503 Signers by-degree as of August 13, 2013
Please visit this page to read who has signed so far: http://www.fluoridealert.org/researchers/professionals-statement/
The Project: 'Fluoride in the Water' [Broadcast 15 Aug 2012]
Professional Perspectives on Water Fluoridation